Saturday, September 22, 2012

Never leave home without your towel


Tomorrow I leave on the trip of a lifetime and tonight I need to take a page from Douglas Adam's "A hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy." Don't panic.  I'm scrambling around like crazy trying to get last minute things done.  I'm playing with all my gadgets and trying to figure out how everything works together.  I'm also grabbing the last minute things I forgot, like sunscreen (probably important in Africa).  I'm excited and actually not worried about the trip, which is new to me. I think I've been too busy to be apprehensive, or just too worried about the things I'm leaving unfinished at home.

Here's a picture of all the things I'll be taking with me.  It didn't look like a lot until I took the picture. Once I return, I'll let all you aspiring backpack traveler's know what I forgot and didn't need to bring. But for now, I'm happy with what I'll be hauling around.

No comments:

Post a Comment