Friday, January 11, 2013

Ho Chi Minh (Saigon)


Saigon has a similar energy to Hanoi. There are motorbikes everywhere at all times of the day.  However, the streets aren't as narrow.  I didn't explore Saigon as thoroughly as some may. I chose instead to visit the national park. However, I did eat a lot of street food. There were fantastic sandwiches for 75 cents. I had no idea what meat was in them and they were delicious.

I bought a lot of sandwiches from this nice lady

I found another colored rice cart. It was dessert rice. The lady covered it in sugar, custard, sesame and coconut. Yum!


I stayed in district 1, the backpackers area. At night the streets are lined with people sitting on short plastic chairs and drinking lots of Tiger and Saigon beer. My hotel was right off this street, 96 room for rent. It threw me off when I first got there because the front of the hotel was a store. The people were nice and the room was clean with ac. What more can you ask for?

There are lights everywhere at night.





No comments:

Post a Comment